Weil Assessment Centre Tips

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys,

I've had a fair few DMs after my post in the vacation scheme thread about Weil so I figured I'd make a thread here so everyone can have the benefit of any 'knowledge' I've got.

The written exercise is okay. It's quite time-pressured and you have to write a note to a client explaining what he can and can’t do in a certain situation (client comes to you with a few questions, you’re given the background and the relevant legal and financial points and then have to answer them in a letter if that makes sense).

I don’t think the written exercise is weighted too strongly though and the interview is your classic why law/why Weil/why PE/what is PE/why law over PE or IB etc. (or at least it was when I did it a couple of years ago!)

Because I was doing well, they then asked me some left-field questions, e.g. if you ran a PE fund where/what area would you invest in and why?

Hopefully, the above helps :)

Even though I didn't get a TC with them, it is a great firm with some really nice people so wishing you all the best of luck!

Dan

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.