Welcome! Introduce yourself here :)

Discussion in 'Welcome to The Corporate Law Academy' started by Nicole, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Jaysen

Jaysen Legendary Member
    Staff Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hang in there Dominika, we'll be rooting for you!

2. jamescw1994

jamescw1994 Standard Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi all!

My name (shock horror) is James, I graduated from the University of Kent in 2018 and still searching for that elusive training contract!

Had a bit of a horror journey even before university (significant adverse developments in my health with chronic health issues meant I was held back by 2 years in sixth form and these issues have plagued me since; not to mention lovely family issues) and have so far been through three cycles without much luck.

Worked for eight/nine months in a clinical negligence reporting company before my health came back and bit me in the behind in March, meaning I had to leave for my own sake.

I did get closer than ever this summer with two firms in my family’s hometown, though bombed in the interviews; will admit, it did leave me despondent but my family and partner have all been incredible.

Re-evaluated my career goals and decided to retry for the City and managed to reignite my interest in the energy and technology sectors so here I am! Thought I’d join up as I’ve lurked long enough!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jaysen

Jaysen Legendary Member
    Staff Member

TCLA Credits:
    Welcome James. Sorry to hear about the health issues - we'll do our best to help you get there!

4. Alice G

Alice G Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator

TCLA Credits:
    Hi James and welcome to the platform!! Thank you for sharing your story, I am always taken aback by how brave and resilient people are on our forums and I’m so glad you’re giving it another go! Anything worth having comes to those who wait! We will be rooting for you this cycle!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Harry Clark

Harry Clark New Member
    Future Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Jaysen

Jaysen Legendary Member
    Staff Member

TCLA Credits:
    Welcome Harry, great to see you on here!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alice G

Alice G Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator

TCLA Credits:
    Hi Harry, I thought I recognised your name from LinkedIn, I think I saw a post you wrote about the value of taking the plunge and making connections on there, great advice!! Welcome to the forum and it is great to hear you went to York uni, I grew up there and absolutely love my hometown :)

8. Harry Clark

Harry Clark New Member
    Future Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    Hi Alice, thanks for your warm welcome! I fell in love with it too, I'm still suffering from the postgrad blues of moving away from there...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Viviane

Viviane New Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hey everyone! My name is Viviane and I am a paralegal at Bristows, I am also a part-time LPC student in year 1 at University of Law Moorgate! I have been in the country for about 4 years now, applied for about 5 TC, obtained 2 interviews without success. I have been a bit slow I have to admit but I am more determined than ever and ready to take action to get it!

Loving TCLA, been listening to the podcasts and reading the commercial awareness on Instagram, thanks so much for your hard work and for the information you put out there!

When I am not lawerying my way around, I do martial arts and photography, I especially enjoy travelling and going to remote places.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jaysen

Jaysen Legendary Member
    Staff Member

TCLA Credits:
    Huge welcome :)

• Like Like x 1