Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

A huge welcome to our new, upgraded forum! I can't tell you how happy I am to finally go live - so many months of thought and work has gone into this!

First of all, let me apologise - the next few days are going to be a little bumpy as there are some bugs to sort through and a couple of things need to be finalised. Please let me know if you are facing issues in this thread and we'll look to resolve these ASAP.

I'm sure that many things will take some time to get used to. Over the next few days, I will be doing a series of threads to introduce everyone to what's actually different in the forum.

You may also find things you aren't happy with, functionalities which you preferred in our first version of the forum, or suggestions to improve the forum. The biggest change we have to do is to sort out the reactions button, but I promise that's coming asap!

If it's anything at all, please don't hesitate to comment below - I will take every piece of feedback on board. Similarly, while some changes aren't possible, if there's anything you much preferred in our older version, please feel free to say.

Finally, I'd love to know what you think of the new forum below?

Best,

Jaysen

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Jaysen,
    New update is looking good!
    One thing I have noticed is that the different 'react' options open downwards rather than sideways (see photo).
    Is there any chance this could be changed to the old format? Not a biggie if not!
    Thanks again :)
    Awesome spot! Will fix this now :)

• Love
    Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

MZ

Esteemed Member
    Forum Winner
    Oct 7, 2020
    Hey! This might be a stupid question but how do you unwatch a thread on the new forum? I can't seem to find the "unwatch thread" button in the top right corner of the screen anymore

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
    Dec 11, 2019
    Hey guys,

A huge welcome to our new, upgraded forum! I can't tell you how happy I am to finally go live - so many months of thought and work has gone into this!

The next few days are going to be a little bumpy as there will be some bugs to sort through and a couple of things need to be finalised. That said, I'd love to know what you think of the new forum below?

I'm sure that many things will take some time to get used to. Over the next few days, I will be doing a series of threads to introduce everyone to what's actually different in the forum.

You may also find things you aren't happy with, functionalities which you preferred in our first version of the forum, or suggestions to improve the forum. The biggest change we have to do is to sort out the reactions button, but I promise that's coming asap!

If it's anything at all, please don't hesitate to comment below - I will take every piece of feedback on board. Similarly, while some changes aren't possible, if there's anything you much preferred in our older version, please feel free to say.

Best,

Jaysen
    Love the new format!!! Really easy to use, great job!

Reactions: Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey! This might be a stupid question but how do you unwatch a thread on the new forum? I can't seem to find the "unwatch thread" button in the top right corner of the screen anymore

Not a stupid question - I had to work out the same thing! If you head to the forum you are watching and select 'unfollow' in the top right hand corner, you will no longer be watching that thread. Let me know if this fixes the issue!

1611090362802.png

MZ

Esteemed Member
    Forum Winner
    Oct 7, 2020
    Not a stupid question - I had to work out the same thing! If you head to the forum you are watching and select 'unfollow' in the top right hand corner, you will no longer be watching that thread. Let me know if this fixes the issue!

View attachment 2564
    Oh that's interesting! I don't have the "post thread" or "follow" options at the top of the thread, I only have one button on the top right that says "reply". When I go to the forum page more generally, it already says I'm not following any of the threads

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi Jaysen, not sure if it’s a cookie issue or something in my settings but I seem to be logged out after a certain time? I didn’t have that issue with the old forum!

Reactions: thirdtimelucky

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.