What are trophy points & how do application reviews work at TCLA?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi All,

It has come to our attention that a number of students are looking for an application review without the requisite number of trophy points, please note that an application review will only be completed if you have enough trophy points. I will explain how trophy points are allocated and how application reviews take place further below:

1. Trophy points

Trophy points are allocated to members based on a number of factors such as exceptional contributions to post likes, as the screenshot below explains:

upload_2018-10-26_23-56-9.png

You can view your points in the 'Members' sections of the forums, however for ease, your trophy points are also noted just below your user name/avatar, example (below)

upload_2018-10-26_23-56-40.png

2. Application reviews:

Once you have attained the required points, you are then eligible for an application review. In order to sumbit your application for review, follow the below steps:

1. go to the homepage, which looks like this ( see below)

upload_2018-10-26_23-59-1.png

2. top right hand corner, beside 'forum', click on application review and the following screen will emerge (see below)

upload_2018-10-26_23-59-24.png

3. Your application will then be sent to the team for review, please expect a response in 2-3 working days.

Also, please note that application reviews is per review not per application. To put this into context, say I want to submit one application for a review, that application will count as one review, however, following this, I submit the same app again for another review, this would then count as a second review.

The application review points are below:
  • 10 points = 1 Application Review
  • 25 points = 2 Application Reviews
  • 50 points = 3 Application Reviews
  • 100 points = 4 Application Reviews
Please note, that if you do not have enough points but would like an application review, consider signing up to TCLA Premium: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/pember/membership-new.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.

As always, message with any questions.

Best,

TCLA

Reactions: Lat94

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Hi @Selma95, do the team keep tabs on being awarded application reviews beyond trophy points? So being a premium member as well as when Jaysen hands them out for sharing past applications?

It is easy to personally keep track of how many application reviews I am allowed through my points, but not when I am given them from elsewhere.

Thanks!

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi @Selma95, do the team keep tabs on being awarded application reviews beyond trophy points? So being a premium member as well as when Jaysen hands them out for sharing past applications?

It is easy to personally keep track of how many application reviews I am allowed through my points, but not when I am given them from elsewhere.

Thanks!

We are working on a way to integrate this into the trophy points system so it'll be easier for you to determine how many app reviews you have earned. At the moment though, we only track them through internal tabs. (If you or anyone would like to know how much you have earned, please drop us an email).

Reactions: Salma and Hazal

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.