What do you want to ask a Baker McKenzie trainee?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

On Thursday I'll be recording a second interview with Lewis Malkin, a trainee at Baker McKenzie. The last time we spoke, Lewis was yet to begin his training contract, and so in this interview we'll be talking about what life at a law firm is like, how he adjusted as a trainee, how he handles the pressure, and more.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask in that interview, please post in this thread. Feel free to ask anything about law firms/Bakers/training contracts-- you'll find Lewis speaks very openly!

If you missed our first conversation, you can find it here. The last time we spoke, we discussed how to write a successful application, how to deal with rejection and how to stand out during a vacation scheme (as he managed to secure six!).

Thanks,

Jaysen

Reactions: Salma

Felicia

Star Member
    Oct 1, 2018
    This is a great shout, I would like the following to be asked if possible please:

1. Given the fact that you've secured 6 vacation schemes, what would you say now in hindsight makes Baker McKenzie stand out (the firm's USP)?

2. In your view, who are Baker McKenzie's biggest competitors?

3. What 3 skills would you say are crucial for a trainee at Baker McKenzie?

4. How have you found the firm so far and your experience of its culture?

5. Is the firm really as diverse as it says it is?

6. What challenges (apart from the standard Brexit and technology issues) is Baker McKenzie facing at the moment or in your opinion, will face in the near future?

7. Any tips for anyone applying to Baker McKenzie?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

I'm actually doing this tonight. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask, let me know!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.