What sacrifices have you made to pursue a career as a solicitor or lawyer?

Navin14

Apr 23, 2020
I was rather stumped when I came across this question. I was thinking of talking about turning down family engagements to focus on paralegal and training contract applications over the years. Really unsure on what angle to tackle this question from.

From a netural point of view, this one hell of a question.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Oh… interesting questions. I am not a fan of it though, I don’t see why you have to sacrifice anything to pursue the career. However, I guess you could say any of the following:

- dedicating time to do a degree/further study
- choosing certain subjects over others to help your chances at either getting onto a law course.
- choosing a law degree over a non law degree
- Having part time jobs to pay for education
- Time spent doing legal extra curricular activities instead of other activities

The irony is that all the above shouldn’t actually matter.

Reactions: Jaysen, Navin14 and AvniD

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I was rather stumped when I came across this question. I was thinking of talking about turning down family engagements to focus on paralegal and training contract applications over the years. Really unsure on what angle to tackle this question from.

From a netural point of view, this one hell of a question.
Just out of curiosity, where did you come across this question?

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.