meli171

Mar 14, 2024
I am recent graduate of a Russell group university, scoring with a 2.1. I have taken a brief break and I am currently working in a different industry but I plan on starting the SQE in September or around that time frame. Unfortunately, I have not been successful with applications, nor would I be able to self fund the entire SQE1 and SQE2. Thus, it brings me to my current dilemma of figuring out where to complete the SQE alongside a masters. I know from the pandemic that I do not respond particularly well to online learning and much prefer in person teaching, although I am not afraid of a combination as long as online learning is not the majority. So far I have looked into the University of Law and the College of Legal Practice.

Could anyone recommend providers that they have had a positive experience with? And if there were negatives, what were they?

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I am recent graduate of a Russell group university, scoring with a 2.1. I have taken a brief break and I am currently working in a different industry but I plan on starting the SQE in September or around that time frame. Unfortunately, I have not been successful with applications, nor would I be able to self fund the entire SQE1 and SQE2. Thus, it brings me to my current dilemma of figuring out where to complete the SQE alongside a masters. I know from the pandemic that I do not respond particularly well to online learning and much prefer in person teaching, although I am not afraid of a combination as long as online learning is not the majority. So far I have looked into the University of Law and the College of Legal Practice.

Could anyone recommend providers that they have had a positive experience with? And if there were negatives, what were they?
I am completing the conversion course at BPP and I have a lot of friends who just sat SQE 1 with BPP and they all passed. BPP seemed to have a 73% conversion rate when it comes to the SQE so I would take that into account too.

Having said that every provider has positive and negative feedbacks from what I am gathering so it is really up to you to decide what is more convenient, which ones offer the most scholarships perhaps too.

Reactions: meli171

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.