Which firms provide for stipend, accommodation,airfare, visas to international vac schemers?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
I am based out of the UK, short on funds but big on dreams, I know HSF runs a vac scheme program especially where it pays for everything including airfare, and since most websites aren't very clear on this, can you help me out with this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I haven’t heard firms pay for accommodation and air fares.

There are a few exceptions - for instance if a firm does a particular recruitment drive in a specific country (have seen it for Australia, UAE and India), but these are few and far between and you typically need to be recruited via their recruitment initiatives in those countries.

As most internships are paid fairly competitively (£350-600 a week) most firms think the salary is good enough to cover costs (even if that’s not quite true of short term accommodation costs in London).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.