White & Case Application Form

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hi,

I was wondering how many work experiences should I put in for the White & Case application form and if 3 or 4 sentences will be enough for this section?
They also have a question Please use the space below to provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc. These do not need to be White & Case specific. (Max. 350 words) but I have not attended any White & Case events. Will this put me at a disadvantage or do they place more emphasis on the Cover Letter?

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Hi, it doesn't matter how many work experiences you include - include all, regardless of whether they are legal or not. 3-4 sentences is fine + make sure to include the skills and qualities you gained.

Re the second question, don't worry, they don't have to be related to W&C and it won't place you at a disadvantage. I can imagine most emphasis is placed on the cover letter. If you do want to attend a W&C event, I believe they are doing GR events (check their LinkedIn), but no worries if not, as I said you won't be at a disadvantage :)

Reactions: Crystal86

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hi, it doesn't matter how many work experiences you include - include all, regardless of whether they are legal or not. 3-4 sentences is fine + make sure to include the skills and qualities you gained.

Re the second question, don't worry, they don't have to be related to W&C and it won't place you at a disadvantage. I can imagine most emphasis is placed on the cover letter. If you do want to attend a W&C event, I believe they are doing GR events (check their LinkedIn), but no worries if not, as I said you won't be at a disadvantage :)
Thank you very much! Just as a quick follow up question apparently there is a Video Interview stage, do you know if this takes the form of a HireVue interview?

sushichick02

Dec 19, 2021
What do firms mean by 'We review applications on a rolling-basis'? Talking about White & Case's vacation scheme applications in specific. Do they mean that they send offers on a first-come first served basis? Or that they review applications during the application window, but send out offers after the application deadline?

Really hoping to get an answer on this asap, and happy holidays!

Reactions: YJ

kaykay

Standard Member
Jan 9, 2022
What do firms mean by 'We review applications on a rolling-basis'? Talking about White & Case's vacation scheme applications in specific. Do they mean that they send offers on a first-come first served basis? Or that they review applications during the application window, but send out offers after the application deadline?

Really hoping to get an answer on this asap, and happy holidays!
Hey did you get a response for them? they said they would write back "in the new year" but I received nothing not even a reply to an email asking them about the status of the applications.

annam

Sep 19, 2022
Hi,

I was wondering how many work experiences should I put in for the White & Case application form and if 3 or 4 sentences will be enough for this section?
They also have a question Please use the space below to provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc. These do not need to be White & Case specific. (Max. 350 words) but I have not attended any White & Case events. Will this put me at a disadvantage or do they place more emphasis on the Cover Letter?
Would open days go under this question or would it go in the work experience section?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Would open days go under this question or would it go in the work experience section?
I’d put it in the careers event section - the section has really been created for things like this, and means you can focus your work experience on things where you have generally had to put more input/effort into them.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.