White & Case Applications 2020/21

TM

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2019
White & Case seem to have a strong focus on grades. Chambers Student say that they are looking for a solid 2.1. What does that entail? How solid should the 2.1 be?

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
White & Case seem to have a strong focus on grades. Chambers Student say that they are looking for a solid 2.1. What does that entail? How solid should the 2.1 be?

I think 'strong 2:1' usually implies a 65 and above, and 'high 2:1' implies 67 and above. Not sure where exactly 'solid' would fall, but I would guess it's around the 65 mark.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

arbitracion

Star Member
  • Sep 28, 2020
    Hi guys, I'm about to send off my application for the winter vac scheme at White & Case (deadline is today). However, given that it's on a rolling basis, should I just wait and apply for a spring vac scheme?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys, I'm about to send off my application for the winter vac scheme at White & Case (deadline is today). However, given that it's on a rolling basis, should I just wait and apply for a spring vac scheme?
    yeah I probably would if that's the case! Will give you a better chance I'd imagine especially if you have no preference dates wise

TM

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 23, 2019
    One of the sections In White & Case applications asks to provide details of any careers events you have attended, does this means that I should state all the law firms?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    One of the sections In White & Case applications asks to provide details of any careers events you have attended, does this means that I should state all the law firms?

yes - any events. If you have been to many then maybe think on focusing on the most relevant.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea on how long the Cover Letter should be? I think mine is too long (size 10 Arial) and spreads on two pages.

Thanks!

Generally no longer than a page and a half, but some firms are explicit with word count or say it should be no more than a page, so check the instructions.

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea on how long the Cover Letter should be? I think mine is too long (size 10 Arial) and spreads on two pages.

Thanks!

Mine was around a page and a half, unfortunately the guidelines on the website are very vague -

How long should the covering letter be?
    The covering letter should be long enough to outline your experience but short enough to maintain the reader's interest.

What should I include in my covering letter?
    The covering letter should highlight a commitment to a career in international law, a clear articulation of why you want to work at White & Case and the requisite skills or experience you have to become a successful trainee solicitor.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.