Why this firm?

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I am currently answering the holy grail question and I want your opinion.

I attended the firm's open day, and one of the partners spoke about the firm's international vocation especially when it comes corporate work as the NY and London offices are fully integrated. Since I only have 200 words, I was thinking to integrate in my answer my work on international cases and my recent interest in corporate work after completing 2 courses.

Do you think is a good strategy? What would you do?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys,

I am currently the holy grail question and I want your opinion.

I attended the firm's open day, and one of the partners spoke about the firm's international vocation especially when it comes corporate work as the NY and London offices are fully integrated. Since I only have 200 words, I was thinking to integrate in my answer my work on international cases and my recent interest in corporate work after completing 2 courses.

Do you think is a good strategy? What would you do?

sounds fine - just don’t focus too much on NY, you are applying to a U.K. training contract

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
There's going to be nothing wrong with your answer, as long as it's genuine to you and you can link it to something tangible. When you speak about the international element, be sure to relate it back to why that personally is important to you as an applicant.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.