Womble Bond Dickinson Personal Statement

tcplz

Premium Member
Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone :)

I haven't seen anything about Womble Bond Dickinson for this year so far. Part of the application is this 800 word 'personal statement' and I have no idea how to go about answering it.

'Which of our current clients would you be most excited to work with and why? How could you add value to the relationship as a Trainee Solicitor?'

I've researched their clients but would it be sensible to maybe choose one based on my previous experiences with similar clients? I am struggling with how to approach this and don't understand how I could possibly write 800 words...

Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated! Thank you.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone :)

I haven't seen anything about Womble Bond Dickinson for this year so far. Part of the application is this 800 word 'personal statement' and I have no idea how to go about answering it.

'Which of our current clients would you be most excited to work with and why? How could you add value to the relationship as a Trainee Solicitor?'

I've researched their clients but would it be sensible to maybe choose one based on my previous experiences with similar clients? I am struggling with how to approach this and don't understand how I could possibly write 800 words...

Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated! Thank you.

I would honestly answer the question rather than trying to fit in what you think is the right answer. If that client is similar to an organisation you have worked with before, then that’s fine but you are going to have to explain why that would be exciting to you.

Salma Asghar

Standard Member
Jan 22, 2020
I'm also finding the question difficult but I've found that once you start it gets easier. I just picked a client I know they had worked with and just wrote from there. Also, make sure you get someone to read the answer!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.