Work Experience in Finance or Legal firm?

Yash_9211

Feb 23, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a specific question regarding my circumstances. I started late in this year's application cycle, so I was not able to secure a vacation scheme. I am from Dubai, and I have been trying to obtain some work experience back home. I might be able to secure a work placement at a Magic Circle firm for 2 weeks to a month during the summer, but I also may be getting offered a 3 month Finance internship at a global digital payments technology company. I believe I would learn a lot more from the latter and it would help me stand out, but however this would mean I have no legal experience. I am heading into my final year as a law undergraduate (I want to try and secure a TC next year) and I was looking for advice regarding which should I opt for as they both overlap.

I would appreciate any and all help with this!

miachaniev

Apr 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a specific question regarding my circumstances. I started late in this year's application cycle, so I was not able to secure a vacation scheme. I am from Dubai, and I have been trying to obtain some work experience back home. I might be able to secure a work placement at a Magic Circle firm for 2 weeks to a month during the summer, but I also may be getting offered a 3 month Finance internship at a global digital payments technology company. I believe I would learn a lot more from the latter and it would help me stand out, but however this would mean I have no legal experience. I am heading into my final year as a law undergraduate (I want to try and secure a TC next year) and I was looking for advice regarding which should I opt for as they both overlap.

I would appreciate any and all help with this!
The latter sounds like a sensible choice - I am still doing my undergraduate degree (Oxbridge), but last year took on an internship at a city (finance) firm and - through it - my interest in Law was sparked. I believe it will provide numerous discussion points as I move through conversion and hopefully into a TC

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.