Working Experience Section in Applications

TM

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2019
Hello all,

After some reflection post-application cycle, I realised that I might have approached the 'working experience' section incorrectly. I usually would write about my role including the duration and nature of the work, then would list the tasks performed in bullet points.

How do you do it? Would you mind sharing examples of how it should be done?

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I have heard that some firms do not like bullet points used (unless they ask you to use them) and they favour concise prose.

For this reason, I generally do not use bullet points, although I know that some people do and still have success...

• ℹ️
    Reactions: TM

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have heard that some firms do not like bullet points used (unless they ask you to use them) and they favour concise prose.

For this reason, I generally do not use bullet points, although I know that some people do and still have success...

I think this depends on the formatting of the application form. Some free-text boxes don't respond well to bullet points, while others have a bit more functionality behind them (like this forum) which makes bullet points appropriate.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: TM, Daniel Boden and Camilla

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.