Hello from a procrastinating postgraduate student...

A.Diane01

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    Hey everyone! My name is Amy and I am a non-law student, who is hoping (one day) to secure a TC! This is my first application cycle and wow, what a journey it has been 😅 I have been stalking the forums of TCLA for quite a while, and thought I should start actively contributing where I can.

I have a background in Chemistry, and I'm currently doing a Masters in engineering/chemistry, with a focus on renewable energy (and right now, at this very moment, should be writing my thesis hahaha). I'm hoping to one day utilise this to contribute to sustainability issues, from & within the legal sector.

I'm really looking forward to engaging more with the TCLA community - I have learnt so much already and I'm excited to get involved, be proactive and watch other people be successful in securing their dreams (whilst hopefully, doing so myself)!

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Welcome to the forum @A.Diane01! We're here to help in any way during your application journey- wishing you the absolute best! 😇 What firms are you thinking of applying to currently?

A.Diane01

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    Welcome to the forum @A.Diane01! We're here to help in any way during your application journey- wishing you the absolute best! 😇 What firms are you thinking of applying to currently?
    Hi @AvniD !
    Thanks so much - I’m really excited to start my journey and learn as much as I can about the legal world.

I’m primarily focusing on firms with a presence in Manchester eg. Addleshaw, Mills & Reeve, Brabners etc. I’ve never seen an application process quite like what the legal world has, but I’m hoping the more I go through, the better I will become.

I was actually going to ask whether you (or anyone!) could maybe point me in the right direction to learn more about law to understand the jargon when the time comes that I reach interview/engage with firms? I’ve been meaning to do this for a while but just unsure where to start…

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone! My name is Amy and I am a non-law student, who is hoping (one day) to secure a TC! This is my first application cycle and wow, what a journey it has been 😅 I have been stalking the forums of TCLA for quite a while, and thought I should start actively contributing where I can.

I have a background in Chemistry, and I'm currently doing a Masters in engineering/chemistry, with a focus on renewable energy (and right now, at this very moment, should be writing my thesis hahaha). I'm hoping to one day utilise this to contribute to sustainability issues, from & within the legal sector.

I'm really looking forward to engaging more with the TCLA community - I have learnt so much already and I'm excited to get involved, be proactive and watch other people be successful in securing their dreams (whilst hopefully, doing so myself)!
    Welcome to the forum Amy, it's a pleasure to have you on here :). Let us know if we can do anything to help you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.