TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Side note from all the Reed Smith emails but does anyone know if Macfarlanes recruits for its VS on a rolling basis? I booked for a slot in March and curious whether thats too late??
Once you're through to AC timing is not likely to prejudice your chances - worst case they might ask to put you on a different scheme or transfer you to a direct TC process

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Mine is for the spring scheme so they might be handing those invites out first
    How about everyone else?

I think it’s important to mention whether people are getting spring or summer offers as this makes a big difference in my assumption of a PFO from todays holding email!

If only spring schemes are being handed out today then us summer VACers have nothing to worry about.

massive congratulations to everyone who’s received an AC for RS thus far though! Great work seriously ❤️

JunLee2808

Junior Lawyer
    Oct 16, 2021
    Hi everyone! Firstly, thank you to everyone who responded to my question about repeating examples from an application to an interview.

Secondly, I'm not sure whether to mention this in the interview. I am planning to do the Bar next year due to it being an international qualification and recognition (I'm an international student). I really want to be a commercial solicitor but the Bar teaches me valuable skills that I won't get under the LPC/SQE, which is also another reason I'm doing it.

Should I mention this in my interview for a VS? I'm worried that it will show lack of passion or seriousness in being a solicitor when in reality, it's the opposite. Will this make me 'stand out'?

Thanks!

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 8, 2021
    disappear pimp my ride GIF by namslam

Reed Smith every time after they get our hopes up with a random email.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.