TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AspiringIPLawyer

Hi everyone,
Sorry I'm new here but I just completed the HSF AC and have received some questions about it. I wrote a pretty long post detailing my experience, but I'm not sure if this thread is the right place for it? Please help!
Hi @jajammie,
I have a HSF AC coming up and I would absolutely LOVE to hear about your experience! Would be super appreciative of some advice of what to prepare for/what was included/any hints or tips. Thank you so much!! I hope yours went well 🤞🏼☺️

Reactions: George Maxwell

imdeded

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2022
I was sending my last minute Cleary app and was confused because when i submitted one of the docs it said feb 01, aka past the 31st deadline, but it's clearly still the 31st? but then my application still got submitted (and got confirmation email) so i'm assuming all is good?

Reactions: thirdtimelucky

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Is it too early to start on direct TC applications from this month as VS applications are closed all from tomorrow except for Gibson, Shoosmiths and WBD.

I mean is it okay to start on direct TC applications this week that have July deadlines or is it good to take a few weeks break. I mean what is everyone else approaches for direct TC applications.

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Is it too early to start on direct TC applications from this month as VS applications are closed all from tomorrow except for Gibson, Shoosmiths and WBD.

I mean is it okay to start on direct TC applications this week that have July deadlines or is it good to take a few weeks break. I mean what is everyone else approaches for direct TC applications.
    I think this is probably going to be different for everyone depending on their circumstances, for example students will probably be focusing on finishing their degrees and getting the highest possible grades so will redirect their focus from apps to studies, those that work full time might be trying to spread them out and squeeze in completing an app wherever they can, its very personal as to what is best for your circumstances. Some people might feel like they would benefit from a break whereas others might want to carry on doing the apps despite them having a long deadline as they might loose momentum and motivation.

iolitelegal

Jan 16, 2022
    I've spent this evening going through the firms I didn't apply for (with deadlines for today) and compiling a list of all the various VS application questions (just to use as practice). When I got to Mayer Brown, I noticed they were not asking any questions, nor did they request for a cover letter(?) Seemed odd, but I popped in a quick application anyway. Did anyone else notice this?

Reactions: CorporateLaw101

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Does anyone know how 'white shoe' Gibson Dunn is? Has anyone from a non RG university made it past initial application? I only ask because the Legal Cheek current trainee pie-chart looks like a perfect semi-circle of oxbridge and RG graduates.

I understand that many US firms still priorities certain universities, even in the 21st century, and wanted to know whether there is any point in applying.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    I've spent this evening going through the firms I didn't apply for (with deadlines for today) and compiling a list of all the various VS application questions (just to use as practice). When I got to Mayer Brown, I noticed they were not asking any questions, nor did they request for a cover letter(?) Seemed odd, but I popped in a quick application anyway. Did anyone else notice this?
    Yup they just have a load of psychometric testing after application. It's the same with Linklaters and I'm sure a few others. I actually prefer it that way as it means you can really sell yourself in an interview as its the first time you would have provided any info about yourself. Not to mention the sheer amount of time saved on applications!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.