TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Have lots of people heard from Travers??
I feel like I may have got a PFO, checked for the email in my special “PFO you loser” file, lol, and it wasn’t there.
I am now genuinely worried I dreamed the PFO from stress and haven’t actually heard anything at all … delirium is setting in early this cycle 😐
Yeah I haven't seen anyone hear back from Travers yet

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
I haven't heard back from them either but the deadline was 17 Jan so I would just hold tight and wait patiently (easier said than done - I know!).
I remember seeing on their Instagram story a while back where they mentioned they would get back to people by mid-February so stay positive 🙂
Yeah I haven't seen anyone hear back from Travers yet
happy drag race GIF by Tazo Tea
Thanks guys :)

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Just to clarify, I am not sure if this is the correct addressee. I looked up the names of the graduate recruitment team, and a few people came up.

In an earlier comment I think Kathryn Edwards was mentioned, but I am not sure if that is right. If anyone knows please let me know!
Ah ok, I checked on Lawcareers.net and it stated application to GR

Reactions: N_Law

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but where should a law firm open a new office where they have one almost everywhere
    How many offices do they have in Germany and if they only have 1 office in 1 city in Germany then open offices in more cities in Germany. This is just a suggestion.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    why could you please explain more?
    W Germany in particular the different cities have very different economies - the big ones are Frankfurt, which is finance-driven, and Munich which is industrial & tech. So if a firm is good globally on both finance and corporate, currently only acting in Frankfurt, there's a business case to be made for setting up in Munich as well.

Reactions: WillF
    I feel like I may have got a PFO, checked for the email in my special “PFO you loser” file, lol, and it wasn’t there.
    I am now genuinely worried I dreamed the PFO from stress and haven’t actually heard anything at all … delirium is setting in early this cycle 😐
    I haven't heard either. They said they'd get back to people through February and early march as well I believe

Miki3999

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    I've never got the PFO from the app I sent back in 2019, that's just typical Travers

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    W Germany in particular the different cities have very different economies - the big ones are Frankfurt, which is finance-driven, and Munich which is industrial & tech. So if a firm is good globally on both finance and corporate, currently only acting in Frankfurt, there's a business case to be made for setting up in Munich as well.
    I would also add that Munich is one the capitals for patent lawsuits!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: em311, Rob93 and Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I was thinking that also as when researching a US law firm the other day I saw that they only have an office in Frankfurt so that is why I thought Germany.

why could you please explain more?
    I hope this is helpful and that is why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.