TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Whilst looking for an update from Pinsent I realised I have in fact applied for 2024 training contract and not the vacation scheme - how is my question? What brain fart was in control that day/week? 🥴😐

• 🤝
Reactions: Adrian_S

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Yes, for Manchester! I think they could be inviting in batches, so hopefully should hear soon. I did the SJT on the 22nd Jan and received my report on the 24th. This is for TC 2023.
    Yes I think you are right and I did do the test rally late and am waiting for London so will wait a few days I guess.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Ashurst PFO post-AC. Tbh this was a little surprising because I thought my AC went fine. But wow, application cycles are really gruelling!! It's a constant rollercoaster of emotions lol. And a struggle to pick yourself up from rejections and continue working on yet another app.

Anyway, I still have some firms I'm hoping for responses from, continuing to manifest🤞

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For those who did WG for Baker McKenzie did you ever experience this.

I completed the WG for the summer VS and emailed graduate recruitment about my score and they said that they did not receive my test score as the third party that they do WG with that company did not send over my score and my test did not get submitted.

Does this mean I have to do the WG again or they might reject me because of this. Anyone had any experience with this before.

Vacationschemeapps

Esteemed Member
    Jul 23, 2020
    For those who did WG for Baker McKenzie did you ever experience this.

I completed the WG for the summer VS and emailed graduate recruitment about my score and they said that they did not receive my test score as the third party that they do WG with that company did not send over my score and my test did not get submitted.

Does this mean I have to do the WG again or they might reject me because of this. Anyone had any experience with this before.
    Yes it happened with me and lots of other peeps during spring app. Don't worry just tell them that you've taken it during the time window specified. They'll check that with the provider and itll be sorted out.

Timolee

Jan 5, 2022
    Hi all, does anyone know if Bird&Bird AC include a group exercise? I have seen in previous year there is one, but seems from their communication this year that there isn't this as prat of the day

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    I feel like I pronounced the firms name wrong in the VI I did - will this be really problematic ? It was MDR btw - used to pronounce it properly until I heard someone else pronounce it differently!! Feel really dumb :(

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    Hi all, does anyone know if Bird&Bird AC include a group exercise? I have seen in previous year there is one, but seems from their communication this year that there isn't this as prat of the day

Hey, I saw this post on LinkedIn yesterday - it suggests that their process is undergoing some changes, which may explain why their comms don't indicate a group exercise this year!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: AvniD and Timolee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.