TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A92167!8

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 6, 2020
I have looked at my portal, and it says:

'ACTIVE JOB APPLICATIONS​

• 2022 - Vacation Placement - England
    LONDON, LONDON, United Kingdom
    Status Invite to Assessment Centre
    Graduate and Apprenticeship 150 Applied on 12/03/2021'

Do I email the grad team? The ACs are on WC 7th Feb and 14th Feb, and I need to give notice at my job if that is the case. Please advise- @Jessica Booker
Mine also says this I'm not sure what to do!

lawvc2021

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Confused re Macfarlanes post-AC. They said we would hear the outcome by early this week. Still haven't heard anything but seems 1 or 2 people have offers. Anyone else have any insights? I'm guessing PFO :(

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Do you think we should email grad recruitment? Don't want to push them, but there's barely anytime now
I would just email them and ask if they can let you know as you will have to book time off work, you wont be the only one who has to give notice for a day off. you can always speak to your employer and provisionally book them off and let them know the definite date once you know. That's what I have done with mine and they completely understand and appreciate as much notice as I can give especially as my role isn't replaceable/cant be covered by anyone else when I'm not there. Integrity and honesty!

Reactions: Limanehious

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just out of curiosity, but has a firm ever accidentally called the wrong candidate to offer them a vac scheme/TC? I don't even want to begin imagining how soul crushing that would be
Highly unlikely - would have to be an exceptionally strange set of circumstances for this to happen.

The worst I have seen is two people with the same name both being invited to the next recruitment stage or the wrong person (but with the same name as the right person) being invited. But even then it all corrected itself ahead of offer stages.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AvniD, SCN and OB

zidoeslaw

Star Member
Aug 17, 2021
Have people had AC invites from Linklaters for the summer VS?

Please do the emoji agree/disagree thing to show whether you have or not!! I know of many rejections from quite early on but surely having heard nothing at this stage must be a PFO too 😣
i haven't heard anything but my friend was offered a summer vac scheme for the london office. however i saw some linklaters ambassadors saying that they were still reviewing applications ! also, considering they take 50 trainees and quite a lot of them come from vac schemes, they probably are organizing more

Reactions: kmax301

lawvc2021

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Just out of curiosity, but has a firm ever accidentally called the wrong candidate to offer them a vac scheme/TC? I don't even want to begin imagining how soul crushing that would be
Not quite the same situ but I got rejected by a MC the other week, and then was called up to say that they meant to invite me to interview rather than reject me!

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
Has anyone not received the tests from Mayer Brown after submitting an application for a vs? I thought they were automatic but doesn't seem so

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.