TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Well to be honest I am expecting nothing from firms I applied and did tests before January and had their deadlines around the same time.
    Sometimes you just to move on for the sake of your mental health, so I am only waiting to hear from 3 firms.
    I am waiting for 4 firms plus Travers Smith who ghost me every cycle.

SCN

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 20, 2020
    Just out of curiosity, but has a firm ever accidentally called the wrong candidate to offer them a vac scheme/TC? I don't even want to begin imagining how soul crushing that would be

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
    Dec 21, 2021
    I have absolutely no idea! This is the first time I have got to this stage at OC. It would be strange not to have an interview at all but the recruitment FAQ page says the below:
    "For the Vacation Scheme and Training Contract, the application process will involve an online application, online verbal reasoning test and attendance at an assessment day."

In their write up on the application process it says:
    Assessment Centre "The day consists of a few different elements including a group discussion, a partner interview and a Watson Glaser test (an aptitude test which assesses your critical thinking ability). "

But the email received with information about the day only says the below:
    "In this assessment session you'll be completing a commercial exercise (including a presentation) and the Watson Glaser test. These exercises will enable us to find out more about your business awareness and understanding, analytical skills and verbal communication."

So all-in-all, I don't know but I would expect there to be an interview at some point in the process, and wouldn't be surprised if it was during the AC session considering the length of time, 2.5 hours seems like a lot for just a commercial exercise and watson glaser, but I may be wrong!
    I don't think there'll be an interview or group exercise.

When you confirm your AC slot, it says the following: The first stage of our assessment centre process is comprised of an individual commercial exercise and presentation, and the Watson Glaser test.

There however be a second AC stage where they have interviews and group exercises.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.