TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M991

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2020
I noticed that some people already got Debevoise ACs (but fewer than last year based on the responses on the forum?), so I was wondering whether anyone knows whether they tend to send out AC invites in more than one batch...

• 🤝
Reactions: mome101

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 26, 2021
I noticed that some people already got Debevoise ACs (but fewer than last year based on the responses on the forum?), so I was wondering whether anyone knows whether they tend to send out AC invites in more than one batch...
It's the first AC's on the forum mate, I wouldn't worry. They will send them in batches. Last year, one of my friends heard in March!

• ℹ️
  • Love
Reactions: em311 and M991

LBT99

Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2021

On my AC offer they gave a choice of two dates (which they said would have 30 people each) but they tend to offer 100 people ACs each cycle (I attended an event not long ago where GR confirmed this), so I think they will still be sending more out!! dw :)

• Love
Reactions: mome101 and M991

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi all,

Has anyone completed the Video Interview for Vinson & Elkins for the 2021-22 cycle? If so, I would like to ask two questions.

Firstly, are you allowed to record your answer as many times as you like? (this was the case last year, unsure if this is so this year and am hesitant to commence the process prematurely.)

Secondly, how would you recommend preparing? Any insight into the nature of the questions asked and how to prepare would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Limanehious

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Has anyone at all heard from Pinsents post test? If yes, what dates have they given you for the AC? They mentioned they would get back soon as the dates for ACs are from Monday, but I haven't heard anything.
I have looked at my portal, and it says:

'ACTIVE JOB APPLICATIONS​

• 2022 - Vacation Placement - England
    LONDON, LONDON, United Kingdom
    Status Invite to Assessment Centre
    Graduate and Apprenticeship 150 Applied on 12/03/2021'

Do I email the grad team? The ACs are on WC 7th Feb and 14th Feb, and I need to give notice at my job if that is the case. Please advise- @Jessica Booker

HopefulForALawJob

Star Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Hi all,

Has anyone completed the Video Interview for Vinson & Elkins for the 2021-22 cycle? If so, I would like to ask two questions.

Firstly, are you allowed to record your answer as many times as you like? (this was the case last year, unsure if this is so this year and am hesitant to commence the process prematurely.)

Secondly, how would you recommend preparing? Any insight into the nature of the questions asked and how to prepare would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Also keen to know!

Homer

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with BCLP's first stage interview with a member of the Graduate Recruitment team? Can't seem to find anything online and would highly appreciate some insight into the nature of the interview and the questions asked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.