TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Amazing stuff @thirdtimelucky!!! Really living up to the name (and this is the AC from when you had Covid right???) :D

Congratulations again, this is a phenomenal achievement!
    It was!! Thank you James for all the support :D haha ikr, I did tell myself that this year had to be the year I got a VS/TC so I’m glad my manifesting came true :D

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Is it normal for firms to interview/ offer ACs to spring vacation scheme applications before summer!! Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m new to applications this cycle and haven’t heard back from quite a few summer 😰
    It’s normal because spring comes before summer, so if it’s for a vacation scheme in spring they will need to process this because it’s likely the scheme will be April? Whereas the summer ones are June/July?x

Reactions: GXA123

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it normal for firms to interview/ offer ACs to spring vacation scheme applications before summer!! Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m new to applications this cycle and haven’t heard back from quite a few summer 😰
    Most of the time, yes that would be the case, purely where they need to recruit and onboard the spring people many weeks before the summer. However, some firms just run the recruitment at the same time, and will just have a longer lead in time ahead of the summer schemes.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Reactions: OB and GXA123

WillkieGemma

Valued Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 4, 2021
    Although I am not Shearman biggest fan..Paul does a great work for aspiring solicitors more than those who claim to help aspiring solicitors
    I agree and I think we need more recruiters on the forum as well
    Hi all - I'm more than happy to answer questions re applications in general, not just Willkie specific. I try to be very very honest and direct with answers - just tag me as I'm afraid I can't go through every single post.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi all - I'm more than happy to answer questions re applications in general, not just Willkie specific. I try to be very very honest and direct with answers - just tag me as I'm afraid I can't go through every single post.
    Thank you very much and I still remember the feedback you gave me a few years ago. You were right..my commercial awareness needed to improve and i have personally realised that I did not even understand what commercial awareness was, so thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.