TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSM123

Star Member
Oct 11, 2021
I have an AC in 3 weeks. Do you guys recommend me buying "Know the City" and reading it up to it?
Depending on how long you have I recommend the first 4 chapters of 'Know the City' and the first two chapters of 'Commercial Awareness'. Unless you're applying to a super finance-focused firm that should be more than enough as 'Know The City' is intended more for investment banking interviews so the later chapters really go into technical details like derivatives which I haven't personally across in the various ACs I've done

kmax301

Esteemed Member
Feb 3, 2021
Just found it in IM's earlier email:

'We contact every individual to inform them of the outcome of their application at each stage of our process. The outcome of the first stage assessment will be communicated to all applicants by mid-January.

Should you be successful at our online assessment stage, you will then undertake a video interview. Following on from the video interview, shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an assessment centre which will take place in March.'

So, I assume we should hear from them soon.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Just found it in IM's earlier email:

'We contact every individual to inform them of the outcome of their application at each stage of our process. The outcome of the first stage assessment will be communicated to all applicants by mid-January.

Should you be successful at our online assessment stage, you will then undertake a video interview. Following on from the video interview, shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an assessment centre which will take place in March.'

I doubt that they will delay the AC for a month as they did with the post VI outcomes, so I assume we should hear from them soon.
    exciting!

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    Anyone waiting to hear back from Freshfields post WG? Surely must be PFO now...?
    Hey, I applied to Freshfields as well.

Opportunity: London summer vac scheme
    Applied: few days before the deadline can't remember which day exactly
    Completed WG: 12 Jan

I emailed grad rec on 02 Feb (3 weeks post-WG) to request an update because I was worried that my WG score didn't go through. I also asked when's the latest we should expect to hear back (whether good news or bad news). This was their whole response:

"Thank you for your query. I can confirm that we have received your Watson Glaser test. We will send any updates in the next few weeks".​

My friend (very similar application and WG dates as mine) got her PFO post-WG on 07 Feb. I haven't heard back post-WG. They also didn't mention in their email when they are holding ACs until. I'm personally trying to mentally prepare myself for a PFO lol but if they're holding ACs until the end of March then we may still have a chance.

Reactions: George Maxwell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.