TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK16

• Nov 16, 2021
    Looking for any words of advice, as i'm not sure what to do.

I have been offered a VS for which the deadline to accept is tomorrow. I'm also waiting for the outcome of another AC for my dream firm. The dates clash for these vacation schemes, so in the event I was offered both, I would only be able to accept one. Should I accept the offer for the VS I have now, and then pull out in the case that my dream firm comes back with an offer? Or will I be tied to this VS if I accept it now?

Reactions: George Maxwell

NDLA

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 27, 2021
    Hi @art,

Congratulations for getting progressed to interview for Freshfields.

Getting to this stage with a firm like Freshfields is a huge achievement, so I hope that you have taken stock of how exceptional even getting to interview is 🏆 🏆

To make sure that I am giving you relevant advice, is this for a VS or TC?
    Hi. I've been invited for FF AC next week. It's for TC. Any pointers on how to best prepare would be very much appreciated!! It's my first AC and I'm quite nervous.

emilyrose99

Star Member
    Nov 3, 2018
    Okay. Have you heard back? I applied way in November and still haven't heard anything!

Cooley was non-rolling, so I wouldn’t worry about not having heard yet even if you did apply early.

I think we’re supposed to hear back today if successful? And as @Asil Ahmad mentioned earlier in the thread, Cooley tend to send PFOs the following day, so probably tomorrow.

But as far as I’m aware, no one has heard yet - so wouldn’t worry

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Forsters Assessment Day!! Anyone else in the same boat who might want to discuss prep?

Does anyone have tips on in-person assessment days - group exercise, written exercise and in-person partner interview? (also what is smart casual/business wear???)
    Not sure on the assessments, but wearing smart is always the way to go if you're unsure

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Just got offered a vacation scheme at addleshaw Goddard!!! I spent the whole weekend feeling seriously down about how badly I thought the interview had went, so it’s prove that you don’t always know, and you definitely can’t predict the outcome.

This forum has been incredible and I am so grateful for the messages of support, the courseS, mock interviews and advice. It’s so good to know your not alone on the journey.

now to try and convert it *sigh*
    @manchester12 congratulations! Your resilience and ability to reflect is really excellent 😊

M991

Distinguished Member
    Mar 14, 2020
    Willkie final stage interview! I can't believe it 😭

Also, I am currently waiting for the outcome of two other ACs and I have been finding it increasingly difficult to prepare. Whenever I practice answers to some basic motivational/competency based questions, I get flashbacks to what I said in the previous interviews and start overthinking it (how could I have answered it better/differently). Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it that?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.