TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Forsters Assessment Day!! Anyone else in the same boat who might want to discuss prep?

Does anyone have tips on in-person assessment days - group exercise, written exercise and in-person partner interview? (also what is smart casual/business wear???)
Not sure on the assessments, but wearing smart is always the way to go if you're unsure

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Just got offered a vacation scheme at addleshaw Goddard!!! I spent the whole weekend feeling seriously down about how badly I thought the interview had went, so it’s prove that you don’t always know, and you definitely can’t predict the outcome.

This forum has been incredible and I am so grateful for the messages of support, the courseS, mock interviews and advice. It’s so good to know your not alone on the journey.

now to try and convert it *sigh*
@manchester12 congratulations! Your resilience and ability to reflect is really excellent 😊

M991

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2020
Willkie final stage interview! I can't believe it 😭

Also, I am currently waiting for the outcome of two other ACs and I have been finding it increasingly difficult to prepare. Whenever I practice answers to some basic motivational/competency based questions, I get flashbacks to what I said in the previous interviews and start overthinking it (how could I have answered it better/differently). Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it that?

Last edited:

toilatrang

Junior Lawyer
Jun 20, 2021
I just finished Kirkland's TC interview yesterday and I keep feeling anxious over how I did and the result etc., even though I thought that the interview went well. How do you cope with the post-interview stress??
I also realised that I forgot to put my name on the written exercise (the interview was in office) and I emailed HR about it but I think it exaggerated my stress even more.

Reactions: George Maxwell

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022
I've just been invited to an assessment centre with Irwin Mitchell (YAY!!) (Manchester office for anyone still waiting!)

however, they've only given one date and it conflicts with an LPC exam. They have said on the email that if unable to attend the allocated date it is unlikely they will be able to make other arrangements.

What should I do? @Jessica Booker is it likely that I would be able to resit the exam in summer so I can attend the assessment centre?

TCG

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I've just been invited to an assessment centre with Irwin Mitchell (YAY!!) (Manchester office for anyone still waiting!)

however, they've only given one date and it conflicts with an LPC exam. They have said on the email that if unable to attend the allocated date it is unlikely they will be able to make other arrangements.

What should I do? @Jessica Booker is it likely that I would be able to resit the exam in summer so I can attend the assessment centre?
Congrats!!! What dates are available?

mome101

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    Willkie final stage interview! OMG I am shooketh!!!!
    Thats Me Merry Christmas GIF by Freeform

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.