TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limanehious

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Hey all! Not application related but thought I would make you laugh in the PFO land! I have been drafting something for my work as a paralegal, and the Partner in my team has pulled me up for spelling 'acquisitions' wrong... three separate times, in three separate ways. I felt like I was in American Psycho! Turns out, spell check doesn't work for words in capital letters! Thought my embarrassment could make you laugh on this dreadful Wednesday!

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
If anyone’s done the Vinson & Elkins interview and feels like they could help me out, I’d be grateful to chat. Never had an interview before and feel a bit nervous about what I’m getting myself into. Any help appreciated.

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Hey all! Not application related but thought I would make you laugh in the PFO land! I have been drafting something for my work as a paralegal, and the Partner in my team has pulled me up for spelling 'acquisitions' wrong... three separate times, in three separate ways. I felt like I was in American Psycho! Turns out, spell check doesn't work for words in capital letters! Thought my embarrassment could make you laugh on this dreadful Wednesday!
    "I'm into murders and executions mostly" makes a lot of sense in the legal profession...

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Akin Gump PFO post-WG (completed my WG in mid-January), finally lol

In other news, I've went from receiving no offers last year to securing multiple offers from my dream US firms and even being put in a position where I've had to reject others. I hope that provides some type of reassurance to others who aren't having a successful application cycle - it's a steep learning curve but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!
    This was lovely to read. Well done you :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.