TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2021
Really depends. For my first interview, I had the chance to ask 1. For my second, I didn't since we ran out of time. For the final instance the partner was more than happy to go over the time (we went 20 minutes over) and I was able to ask multiple questions. :)
Thank you very much! I hope the AC went well! :)

• 🏆
Reactions: George Maxwell and APPLE619

gdelle

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2022
    And with that Latham AC done and dusted, I am finally done with this year's application cycle! 18 applications, 5 AC's. and 4 (hopefully 5 soon) vac scheme offers 🥳 Going to spend the evening finally meeting my friends, hoping they still remember what I look like..
    Congrats, this is really impressive - and you're the person who said they'd contemplated taking the year out! Any tips on what helped you make such a difference this time around?

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 2, 2021
    Hi, everyone. Quick question ahead of the next cycle: are there any firms that are known to be "pro-" or "anti-" career changers?

I'm phrasing it more bluntly than what I expect the reality to be, but I'd love to hear thoughts on whether XYZ firms tend to only welcome non-law grads from certain industries, if there are some known for taking on people in their 30's, etc. - any of this sort of insight would be most appreciated!
    did you get an answer to this?

EVjuji

Valued Member
    Nov 29, 2019
    PFO from Withers post-interview for the spring VS

So sorry to hear this. Best of luck with your other apps :(

Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

• Love
    Reactions: ZaraB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.