TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In an interview is it good to mention specific names of people you have spoken to at events?
It depends on the context. Sometimes it doesn’t add any value to what you say - particularly if you are leading with them/what they told you, rather than your analysis of what they told you/why it is relevant to you.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
sorry if this question has been asked before but how is the best way to go about emailing for an update on an interview outcome (been 2 weeks since) because you need to confirm/reject another employment offer ASAP that clashes with the dates of the place you interviewed at? thank you!
Exactly as you have described is appropriate.

Call them and explain you are keen to understand when you might get an update from your interview as you need to make some decisions on another offer you have received.

Be mindful they may tell you to accept it anyway (knowing that you can later renege it).

Reactions: avaelle42

ellek

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2021
I have an AC tomorrow and when reading through my application I just realised that there is a mistake in my work experience section where I have listed the work experience and the description does not match (relates to a different work experience I must have copied and pasted wrong from my CV) Should I bring this up in my interview? Or wait until they ask about it and clarify that I made a mistake?

Reactions: GXA123

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I have an AC tomorrow and when reading through my application I just realised that there is a mistake in my work experience section where I have listed the work experience and the description does not match (relates to a different work experience I must have copied and pasted wrong from my CV) Should I bring this up in my interview? Or wait until they ask about it and clarify that I made a mistake?
    Don't bring this up, I did the same in my CMS application and it was not questioned and I got a place on the scheme

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    I would not if they do not mention it..you gotta look good :)

Reactions: GXA123
    A

AspiringIPLawyer

Hi! 😊

Just wondering whether anyone has any advice on what to do between now and Summer Vacation Schemes? I am already a graduate and currently looking for a job. However, I have been lucky enough to secure two Summer VS (a two week one in June and a three week one in July) and don't know what jobs to apply to for between now and June. Was planning on trying to get a paralegal job, but I can't imagine any firm will let me have 5 weeks off in the summer for 2 vac schemes (with only one week between them), nor any firm wanting to hire someone for less than three months!

Would I be better off trying to find a temp admin job / something similar which is unrelated to law for between now and June?

@Jessica Booker wondering whether you might please have any insight on this?

Thanks all in advance!

Reactions: TCG

elephant

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 10, 2021
    Hey there! Have you heard back from Dechert post AC?

I'm still waiting (did mine about 11-12 days ago) ☹️
    Hey there :) I am still waiting as well! I emailed GR last Thursday for an update, and they responded

"We are still awaiting to hear back from the respective teams in regards to assessment days that were held last week. We aim to get back to candidates as soon as possible and I apologise that we have not been able to do so yet but we will let you know as soon as possible."

Looks like they are still finalising the outcomes. Hopefully we will hear back soon! 😇

• Love
    Reactions: djqb

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    Hey there :) I am still waiting as well! I emailed GR last Thursday for an update, and they responded

"We are still awaiting to hear back from the respective teams in regards to assessment days that were held last week. We aim to get back to candidates as soon as possible and I apologise that we have not been able to do so yet but we will let you know as soon as possible."

Looks like they are still finalising the outcomes. Hopefully we will hear back soon! 😇
    Thanks a lot for the update!

• Love
    Reactions: elephant
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.