TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyrose99

Star Member
Nov 3, 2018
Hi all, for anyone who has done an HSF AC, are the scenario questions similar to case studies in that you could ask for a moment to jot down and collect your thoughts, or is it more of a discussion in which it would feel disjointed to stop and write down your thoughts in a case-study style?

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
Dec 11, 2021
Hi all, for anyone who has done an HSF AC, are the scenario questions similar to case studies in that you could ask for a moment to jot down and collect your thoughts, or is it more of a discussion in which it would feel disjointed to stop and write down your thoughts in a case-study style?
It is a discussion but you could definitely ask for a few moments to collect your thoughts if you need to - they wouldn’t mind this :)

• Love
Reactions: emilyrose99

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Gowling's feedback is absolutely useless .... they should at least show some respect after going through 4 long stages
    I had a friend last cycle who was able to get more info on their feedback so I was hoping to get the same but I haven't even gotten replies to my emails yet lol. Mine were all positive apart from group task bits where I couldn't have even seen where I would've been able to display all of them ??

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    I have a doctors appointment on Monday at the same time as I’m meant to be having an interview. It’s not an urgent medical issue but it would definitely be nice to get it sorted as soon as possible for peace of mind and comfort. The next available apppointment is mid April. Is this a reasonable enough reason to ask if the firm will reschedule my interview or will it reflect badly on me? Would really appreciate any advice

• 🤝
    Reactions: Miki3999

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I had a friend last cycle who was able to get more info on their feedback so I was hoping to get the same but I haven't even gotten replies to my emails yet lol. Mine were all positive apart from group task bits where I couldn't have even seen where I would've been able to display all of them ??
    honestly I am so mad to the point I am happy they didn't accept me... like what kind of shittyyyy feedback is this LOL

• Haha
    Reactions: OB

sami.rehman

Feb 3, 2021
    As a means of update for those still waiting as well, I emailed Dechert as I haven't heard back since completing my VI and written task. They told me they were still in the process of reviewing interviews and written tasks. Hopefully we'll hear back soon
    Thanks for this! I'm in the same position as you. Please keep me in the loop!

NaimK

Valued Member
    May 6, 2019
    Would anyone be willing to advise me on what's the best next steps to take in my situation? I don't wanna derail this particular thread so happy to send someone a brief PM of my circumstances. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I wanna make sure I take the right steps to not reduce my chances of pursuing my ultimate goal. @AvniD @Jessica Booker @Jaysen

just tagging a couple of staff members in case...

Miki3999

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    I have a doctors appointment on Monday at the same time as I’m meant to be having an interview. It’s not an urgent medical issue but it would definitely be nice to get it sorted as soon as possible for peace of mind and comfort. The next available apppointment is mid April. Is this a reasonable enough reason to ask if the firm will reschedule my interview or will it reflect badly on me? Would really appreciate any advice

I think it's completely reasonable to ask.

On a side note, people being scared of prioritising their own health (whatever it is) over some stupid interviews is what is really wrong with this profession. It should not really be like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.