Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey All,

I've locked the last thread since it has now reached over 100 pages.

Please use this thread to share application/interview outcomes, as well as support and tips for upcoming law firm interviews and assessment centres.

Good luck this year guys!

Best,

Jaysen

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    This on Sidley's website:Applications for vacation schemes are assessed on a rolling basis. Training Contract applications will be assessed after the deadline.Applications for the 2021 intake will open on 4 February 2019 and will close on the 22 July 2019.

Reactions: JoNo

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Ok thank you and did they send any tests through?

There is no tests, just a straight AC so it just depends on your online application. When did you apply? I still haven’t received a response yet back from my AC. I gave them a call today, they said they should let me know by the end of this week. As they do have a backlog of applications which I’m aware of.

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    This on Sidley's website:Applications for vacation schemes are assessed on a rolling basis. Training Contract applications will be assessed after the deadline.Applications for the 2021 intake will open on 4 February 2019 and will close on the 22 July 2019.

Sorry didn’t respond to your earlier message I did not do a direct TC app.

tylergab

Junior Lawyer
    Sep 7, 2018
    Just wanted to share I’ve been offered my second vacation scheme offer this cycle with Baker McKenzie for their summer scheme and also have an incoming interview with Slaughter & May for a direct TC.

Honestly, the content, discussions, and support on the corporate law academy forum have been so encouraging. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any advice or tips in making either of these successful as I am really looking forward to working hard and hopefully turning one of these opportunities into a TC! Thank you :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Just wanted to share I’ve been offered my second vacation scheme offer this cycle with Baker McKenzie for their summer scheme and also have an incoming interview with Slaughter & May for a direct TC.

Honestly, the content, discussions, and support on the corporate law academy forum have been so encouraging. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any advice or tips in making either of these successful as I am really looking forward to working hard and hopefully turning one of these opportunities into a TC! Thank you :)
    Many congrats @tylergab! That's brilliant news - delighted for you and wish you all the best for your schemes :D

• 🤝
    Reactions: tylergab

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Excellent news, well done!

• 🤝
    Reactions: tylergab

wwood

Distinguished Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    Has anyone done an AC with Clydes, esp their group assessment? Checked all the posts on their AC (which are really helpful!) and would love to know more about it! Thank you :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.