Speeding up interview process having received a TC offer

Saul Goodman

Standard Member
Dec 14, 2021
Is it possible to request to have my direct training contract applications expedited given that I have been offered a training contract from one of the firms and would like to weigh my options? If so, what would be the best way to go about this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it possible to request to have my direct training contract applications expedited given that I have been offered a training contract from one of the firms and would like to weigh my options? If so, what would be the best way to go about this?
You can ask, but the firm may not be able to oblige.

Just contact them and explain you have an offer, and would like to see if there is any possibility of the recruitment process being brought forward.

Be prepared for them to say no though - firms know that you can often accept and then renege if needed and so some may just say to wait it out or ask your current firm to extend the offer period.

Reactions: Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman

Standard Member
Dec 14, 2021
You can ask, but the firm may not be able to oblige.

Just contact them and explain you have an offer, and would like to see if there is any possibility of the recruitment process being brought forward.

Be prepared for them to say no though - firms know that you can often accept and then renege if needed and so some may just say to wait it out or ask your current firm to extend the offer period.
Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.