TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I would like a little bit of advice.

I have an interest in going into renewable energy/energy project financing. With some experience in the finance aspect of this from previous experience. Accordingly, when I learned of a one year FTC at Siemens Energy, working as an intern with legal counsel. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me post PGDL, when it finishes at the end of the month; whilst I apply for training contracts.

On the bright network page there was no deadline when I looked, which I thought was rather odd (it just said rolling), I have drafted a cover letter, had ex-colleagues help finesse it. With it all ready to be sent off, I go to do just that to see that the deadline was on 1st August. However there was no mention of this on the Bright Network website.

Would it be worth reaching out to HR at Siemens Energy (for which I cannot find an email), or send an email to Bright Network.

Has anyone had success applying for a role like this (intern, in house) post deadline?

Thanks in advance!Have you tried to go on the company LinkedIn page? You can loot at the "people" section and get in touch with member of the legal or hr teams.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Well, its funny you should say that haha! I have done this, but I dont pay for LinkedIn premium, so I have had to send personalised invites explaining the situation in a 200 character word count 🙄

Bradley Draper

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 11, 2020
    Hi guys,

Just completed the Hogan Lovells Watson Glaser - I'm sure it's fine but I didn't press submit at the end because I was going back and checking through my answers, and the screen froze. I then refreshed and it said the standard thanks for completing etc - just want to check if this had happened to anyone and whether it's worth double checking with GR?

NaimK

Valued Member
    May 6, 2019
    Hi guys,

Just completed the Hogan Lovells Watson Glaser - I'm sure it's fine but I didn't press submit at the end because I was going back and checking through my answers, and the screen froze. I then refreshed and it said the standard thanks for completing etc - just want to check if this had happened to anyone and whether it's worth double checking with GR?

To avoid any doubt, email GR and explain this to them. I'm not sure if they save your selected options along the way. I read something to that effect, but I don't know if you need to press submit to actually register your answers.

Bradley Draper

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 11, 2020
    To avoid any doubt, email GR and explain this to them. I'm not sure if they save your selected options along the way. I read something to that effect, but I don't know if you need to press submit to actually register your answers.

Thanks for the response! I really really hope it isn't the case that you have to press submit...

Regardless, I've emailed GR for confirmation.

Last edited:
    Reactions: NaimK

Scandi

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Can anyone who's doing the Latham VI confirm what they meant when they said the deadline was Friday 5 August midnight? Does that mean the deadline is tomorrow or is the deadline tonight? I'm extra confused because another email said the deadline is Friday (+01:00 GMT)
    I'm in the same boat mate! Might take the safe route

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.