TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhangingout

Distinguished Member
Oct 19, 2021
yeah that's my concern! But I'm assuming if not by tomorrow then it's a rejection for me haha

No they definitely weren't, the website stated all apps would only be looked at after the deadline. Which is why it's a bit strange that the ACs are held so soon after
think they only get around 300 apps pa so I'm sure it will be today or tomorrow :)

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I have the Withers final AC tomorrow and just got rejected this morning from another firm after the final stage AC. I felt like it went so well, almost perfectly, so I'm really disappointed and feeling like I don't want to do the Withers AC tomorrow. Has anyone got any advice on how to get past it and do well tomorrow?

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
Hi everyone, I have the Withers final AC tomorrow and just got rejected this morning from another firm after the final stage AC. I felt like it went so well, almost perfectly, so I'm really disappointed and feeling like I don't want to do the Withers AC tomorrow. Has anyone got any advice on how to get past it and do well tomorrow?

Feelings are temporary. If you miss out on the AC, you're gonna regret it. With such a short turnaround, I can understand it can be tough to process and you're maybe feeling defeated after putting forward your best effort. However, you have no choice but to put it behind you, learn how to improve (if you received feedback), and then clear your mind and give this AC your best effort so you have nothing to regret.

As for how to get past it, that depends on you as an individual. Do something that helps take your mind off law maybe, especially if you already feel prepped for the AC. The point is, you just have to do it. Go to the AC with zero recollection of what happened in the previous one.

samni

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 2, 2020
I've been through this and you've honestly just got to go into it thinking that it's a new opportunity that you don't want to miss out on, and that one firm's rejection means nothing about how somewhere else will view you. If it's any reassurance, think about how you're already in an 'interview ready' mindset so you've got a good base to work with for tomorrow. That at least should hopefully put your mind at ease in terms of feeling nervous about preparation. I've been through interviews I've thought were perfect and failed to get the role, whereas some I went in for without expectations ended up my best!

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and Rachael.Elisa

lolamcd1

Esteemed Member
Feb 1, 2022
I have an interview for a paralegal role in a family law team. This is my first paralegal interview, so I was wondering how to prepare, or what type of questions i could expect? Thanks
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.