Referencing a bad work experience

b00k

Standard Member
Jun 26, 2022
I had a month's paid work experience this year at a law firm but it didn't go well. I made a lot of mistakes and was given a lot of critique and areas I could improve on. Still, I think that it's a valuable experience because of the advice and true insight I received into law. Would it be disadvantageous to reference this work experience in application forms?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I had a month's paid work experience this year at a law firm but it didn't go well. I made a lot of mistakes and was given a lot of critique and areas I could improve on. Still, I think that it's a valuable experience because of the advice and true insight I received into law. Would it be disadvantageous to reference this work experience in application forms?
References won’t include details of how well a job you did. They just focus on factual information - job title, employment dates. So I wouldn’t worry about this.

Reactions: Alison C and AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.