Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just received a PFO for Clyde WVS - the email is a bit confusing though, can someone explain what this might mean:

Thank you for submitting your application and completing your online assessment for Clyde & Co's Winter Vacation Scheme.

Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, you did not meet the threshold to be invited to the assessment centre.

However, we remain impressed by your application and would like to keep your details on record for future vacancies.

Is this just them trying to be nice in their rejection or are they genuinely ‘impressed’ by my application. Confused.
Did you complete some form of assessment/test/video interview before this email?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes I did Clyde’s online assessment which involved SJT questions an a few VI questions.
To me, this suggests that they liked your application form but that they couldn't progress on the basis of this assessment, but that ultimately you could potentially perform better in this assessment a second time around, and that is why they are encouraging you to reapply.

I don't think they would send a generic encouraging email if there wasn't a chance of you being successful at a later date - if they did, they are just creating too much future work for themselves!

Bkat

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 9, 2022
Hey I got rejected and I didn’t get that email so I think they are genuinely impressed by you
To me, this suggests that they liked your application form but that they couldn't progress on the basis of this assessment, but that ultimately you could potentially perform better in this assessment a second time around, and that is why they are encouraging you to reapply.

I don't think they would send a generic encouraging email if there wasn't a chance of you being successful at a later date - if they did, they are just creating too much future work for themselves!

Ok this is reassuring to hear. The assessment went ok, defo could’ve done better as I did slip on a couple of the questions (doesn’t help I had a raging cold at the time but I guess that’s just an excuse). Hopefully they’ll allow me to submit another application in the future.

Thank you for your responses! X

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    What would be the correct way to deal with this question:

Imagine that a joint venture agreement had been made, in which the other party had made a mistake on the agreement that benefits your client. How would you proceed?

I'm not sure how you would balance acting in your client's interest with what is morally the right thing to do. Does the SRA have an opinion on this?
    @Jessica Booker @Jaysen @AvniD @Maria d'Orey

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What would be the correct way to deal with this question:

Imagine that a joint venture agreement had been made, in which the other party had made a mistake on the agreement that benefits your client. How would you proceed?

I'm not sure how you would balance acting in your client's interest with what is morally the right thing to do. Does the SRA have an opinion on this?
    @Jessica Booker @Jaysen @AvniD @Maria d'Orey
    You should definitely consider the SRA's code of conduct: SRA | Code of Conduct for Solicitors, RELs and RFLs | Solicitors Regulation Authority

I would also consider whether by ignoring it you actually put your client at a greater risk later down the line (e.g. this could be picked up later down the line in a due diligence process or could lead to litigation).

Reactions: AvniD and j.s.cox

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Am still waiting to hear back - do people think it would be appropriate to send an email asking when replies will come out? Or is it better to just wait? Becoming quite nervous as people have started to get calls!
    I'd personally wait until the end of next week before chasing - it is still quite early in the recruitment for Winter Schemes (which can often be only a few weeks before the programme starts). Depends when the programme starts though - as I know some are starting in November (which I find really bizarre to be running during term time).

Reactions: lik0401

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    Ok this is reassuring to hear. The assessment went ok, defo could’ve done better as I did slip on a couple of the questions (doesn’t help I had a raging cold at the time but I guess that’s just an excuse). Hopefully they’ll allow me to submit another application in the future.

Thank you for your responses! X
    I also got rejected from Clyde & Co WVS and I only got a generic email rejection as well (see below) so they were definitely impressed by your application! All the best in your other applications this cycle

"Thank you for taking part in the Clyde & Co Online Assessment.​
    Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform that you have not met the required benchmark for our programme at this time, so we will be unable to take your application further. Due to our recruitment policy you will not be able to apply within 12 month of submitting this application.​
    We recognise and thank you for the time and effort you have put into your application at this stage, and we appreciate the interest you have shown throughout the process."​

Reactions: Bkat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.