Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the work experience section (WE) and answering questions like "Please give details of any: prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility (PoR) and noteworthy achievements". I've found mixed answers on this so far so a little unsure. Since I have several Pro-Bono PoRs (e.g. team leader, student advisor), I think I'd have to have seperate WE entries for each, as I feel summarising them all into one wouldn't paint the whole picture

- So if an application asks such a question (mainly positions of responsibility) and there is a work experience section as-well; where should I include my Pro-Bono work? Would the answer change based on the question word count? (e.g 250 vs 500 words)

- And what if an application doesn't ask a similar question, should I still include Pro-Bono in the WE section, or fit it somewhere else like the cover letter or in the "Why You" question? or maybe even both? (Detailed paragraph of what I did in the WE section and tying back to myself and skills developed in the "Why You" bit)

Thank you!
I'd only include any pro bono work where you've held PORs as part of your role (like team leader) in the question asking for details of your PORs. For other pro bono work (like student advisor), I'd include this in the work experience section.

• 🏆
Reactions: WindowsUpdate

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    I'd only include any pro bono work where you've held PORs as part of your role (like team leader) in the question asking for details of your PORs. For other pro bono work (like student advisor), I'd include this in the work experience section.

Thank you for clarifying that! Looks like I've been mistaking what would count as a PoR 😅

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica, I have the same issue as this. Does it mean the only way we can get a TC whilst on a skilled worker’s visa with another employer is through a direct TC rather than a vacation scheme? Many thanks.
    It is most likely going to be the case, unfortunately. I cannot see how you could complete a vacation scheme (unless it was limited to three days a week) and stick to the terms of your visa.

Reactions: CT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.