TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkwillbealawyer

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 21, 2022
    Best advice for GBAs is to be well rested before starting the assessment, and just do what comes naturally to you. Also, make sure to take breaks between the different games (eg. getting a glass of water), as some of them test things like reaction times, so being 100% alert really helps. Good luck!
    It really is just a bunch of minigames, so there's not much prep you can do. Just make sure you have plenty of time to complete it and won't be disturbed, etc. Good luck!
    Thank you both so much! Just finished it and it was alright :)

Pal22

Jul 9, 2021
    Hi everyone,

For Ashurst VS application how would you approach the first part of this question relating to yourself, your skills and achievements, 'Please use this section to tell us about yourself, your skills, achievements and why you want to train as a solicitor and work at Ashurst. (750 words max)'

Also, would you steer clear of academic achievements?

@Jessica Booker

taetae

Star Member
    Apr 12, 2021
    Hi guys, I just received a VI invite for Eversheds Sutherland but I'm really worried.

I hate video interviews and I'm terrible at them. The one minute prep time I always panic and it's barely enough to read the question and let it sink in. Also when answering I always run out of time (they've given us 2 mins)

It's also a strengths based interview with scenario qs which I've never done before.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also if you guys have some example qs I'd be rly grateful.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

For Ashurst VS application how would you approach the first part of this question relating to yourself, your skills and achievements, 'Please use this section to tell us about yourself, your skills, achievements and why you want to train as a solicitor and work at Ashurst. (750 words max)'

Also, would you steer clear of academic achievements?

@Jessica Booker
    If there is something about your academic achievements that go beyond the details/aren't obvious from your academic section, then you can include it. But many times people are just repeating detail that obvious from their academic section, and I don't think that is needed.

• 🏆
    Reactions: law23

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    I’m feeling a bit worried as I’ve done quite a few VIs and haven’t heard back from anyone. Has anyone heard back from:

Mishcon post VI
    Willkie post VI
    Dentons post test/VI
    Simmons post yes/VI for summer VS

I don’t know if I should consider these to be PFOs :(

• 🤝
    Reactions: Uvaia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.