Status
Not open for further replies.

hiremeplz

Star Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 20, 2022
@Jessica Booker

Hoping you can help. I'm an absolute idiot and spelled the Graduate Recruiters name wrong in my Cover letter and email application. I noticed literally 10 seconds after I emailed my application. Should I respond and highlight the mistake or leave it be?

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    I have heard from a couple of sources that it is around 32/40 but have no definitive proof.

Edit: I think grad rec said u need around 32 to pass idk if this means 18th percentile :)
    Update: Grad rec said I passed because I was over the 18th percentile. So I’m assuming 32/40 is 18th percentile
    What's a good WG score that gets you to the next stage for HL?
    32/40

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    RPC summer vacation scheme - invited to stage two. pretty chuffed as only applied less than 48 hours ago and they got back to me pretty quickly with a personal email saying they enjoyed my application!
    congrats!! Do you/anyone know if RPC are rolling? for their summer vac and/or TC apps? conscious their deadline is soon so I may just apply for their direct TC since the app is quite long

Reactions: newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

Hoping you can help. I'm an absolute idiot and spelled the Graduate Recruiters name wrong in my Cover letter and email application. I noticed literally 10 seconds after I emailed my application. Should I respond and highlight the mistake or leave it be?
    I'd just leave it.

Reactions: hiremeplz

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker , this might be a silly question but I havent done one in a while. What's appropriate clothing for a VI? Is comfortable clothing (a jacket / hoodie) appropriate?
    I would avoid a hoodie just in case it is seen as too informal (it is just being able to see the hood at the back that might give it that impression). But I think you can wear any sweater/jumper as long as it wasn't too wacky (e.g. bright colour/highly patterned/slogan on the front/xmas jumper!) and you wouldn't really notice. You definitely don't need a suit jacket anyway.

Reactions: futureTS2025hopeful

tofu

Premium Member
    Dec 19, 2022
    any advice on the Freshfields written exercise? (it's the 60 minute one that needs to be done prior to AC)
    i did it last cycle and it's basically identifying mistakes or areas of improvement for an email that was drafted. you'll be given some other documents for context that you'll need to read. you can write down as many mistakes as you can spot, they won't penalize you for writing a mistake that was wrong so my advice would be to list down as many mistakes as you can find! this could be spelling, grammar, incorrect info etc. you can also give suggestions on areas of improvement such as the tone of the email and amend the phrasing. i would say looking into how you can draft a good email would be helpful!

hope this helps!

Reactions: lawstudent9 and HLL

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
    Jan 4, 2023
    congrats!! Do you/anyone know if RPC are rolling? for their summer vac and/or TC apps? conscious their deadline is soon so I may just apply for their direct TC since the app is quite long
    thank you! and i presume so if they read my application prior to the deadline. i was under the impression they would review applications at the end. would still so it’s worth applying to though as they have been absolutely lovely so far! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.