TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jessica Booker How should I go about trying to get a reimbursement from a firm? I attended an open day last November and their email said they'd cover my travel costs. I've sent follow-up emails to check up on it but no response. Obviously I'm grateful that they'd cover it and I don't want to be pushy, but I could really do with the money back.
You shouldn’t be grateful and don’t feel you’re being pushy. Keep on emailing until you get it.

I had beg V&E for months for them to reimburse me. Hundreds of million/billions in revenue and they can’t reimburse in a reasonable time. In a cost of living crisis too!

DimpledHopper

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
anyone know when we will hear back from hogan lovells? when i applied for their winter vacation scheme, i was rejected within 48 hours of completing my WG because i messed it up.

reapplied for their summer scheme and completed my application and WG a good month ago now. so i wonder if they automatically reject people if they don’t pass the benchmark? and then take time to review everyone’s applications who do pass it?
Most firms don't allow candidates to apply twice in the same recruitment cycle so that might be the issue

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Anyone else feeling ghosted by DLA Piper? 🤣
I think that they are slowly going thru ppl - I think the update means you passed/failed the WG. I believe that if you got updated then didnt get PFOd in next few days you passed the WG but then they get round to reviewing. Could be wrong but I think they are just incredibly slow.

• Love
Reactions: Uvaia

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Does anyone receive this message from EY?

Unfortunately we don’t have a role for you at the moment and, with regret, we need to withdraw your application. However, we’ve spent a lot of time reviewing your application and you do have positive results so far. We would like to keep your application, and if anything changes we will invite you to resume your application from where you left off.

As you had positive results so far in the process, we will add you to a talent pool and if any other suitable opportunities come up we will reach out to you to see if you are interested.

lawstudent9

Star Member
  • Apr 16, 2022
    i did it last cycle and it's basically identifying mistakes or areas of improvement for an email that was drafted. you'll be given some other documents for context that you'll need to read. you can write down as many mistakes as you can spot, they won't penalize you for writing a mistake that was wrong so my advice would be to list down as many mistakes as you can find! this could be spelling, grammar, incorrect info etc. you can also give suggestions on areas of improvement such as the tone of the email and amend the phrasing. i would say looking into how you can draft a good email would be helpful!

hope this helps!
    this is very helpful, thank you!!

I was wondering about the timings since the email I got says it's timed for 60 minutes but they don't time it for us and we have to time ourselves and ensure it's submitted within 60 mins? Does that mean the software will just click away without warning if we don't upload our document within 60 minutes? And there's no timer on the page for us?

Thanks in advance!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.