TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
Linklaters PFO post-AC 😔

This concludes my first cycle of applications. 6 apps, 1 AC, 0 vac schemes. Onto next year I guess.
don’t give up! there are more firms that haven’t closed their deadlines yet. if you look on “legal cheek, key deadlines.” you will see. remember, it only takes one firm to say yes :)

ChicoAnon

Standard Member
Premium Member
Apr 2, 2022
Ok, so after my doom and gloom post yesterday, I somehow received offers to DLA Piper at HSF for an AC. Less than 24 hours' notice for the HSF scheme (wtf...) - so I think I was on a waitlist and someone dropped out.

Over the moon, but now I'm so nervous about back-to-back ACs. I don't even have time to get my suit dry-cleaned. Best resources for last-minute AC prep? Best same-day dry cleaners lol? I'm trying to get ahold of Aspiring Solicitors for their AC prep people, but all slots are booked until Friday!

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
Ok, so after my doom and gloom post yesterday, I somehow received offers to DLA Piper at HSF for an AC. Less than 24 hours' notice for the HSF scheme (wtf...) - so I think I was on a waitlist and someone dropped out.

Over the moon, but now I'm so nervous about back-to-back ACs. I don't even have time to get my suit dry-cleaned. Best resources for last-minute AC prep? Best same-day dry cleaners lol? I'm trying to get ahold of Aspiring Solicitors for their AC prep people, but all slots are booked until Friday!
massive congratulations!!

D

daisy_yawn

This is like a super happy worry but also a big worry so I get you! I'm not sure what the DLA and HSF ACs are like (I haven't applied to either) so have no specific advice but maybe brush up on typical competencies, recent deals, recent news story etc...? And case study prep like basic M&A terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.