TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaIsabelle

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Any advice for Shoosmiths or Gateley I'd appreciate it.
You have posted this so many times 😂

I can’t advise on gateley but Shoosmiths is an SJT and WG. you can do WG prep online for free.

SJT you really need to be yourself. Don’t try and give answers you think the firm wants. Be honest and consistent in your answers.

HLL

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2021
finding post ac stress very difficult to cope, especially because the ac was for a dream firm that has very quick turn around time for successful candidates. already feeling extremely disheartened to confront the high probability of a rejection...i genuinely think the firm is the most suitable given my past experiences, aspirations and background, and i thought i did my best compared to other ac/telephone interviews/video interview i had, so if i can't even get it i don't really know where else would give me a chance 😢😢 and thanks for tolerating the doom and gloom energy community peeps 😢

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
You have posted this so many times 😂

I can’t advise on gateley but Shoosmiths is an SJT and WG. you can do WG prep online for free.

SJT you really need to be yourself. Don’t try and give answers you think the firm wants. Be honest and consistent in your answers.
Yes I have, I just wanted some advice or tips on someone that's completed it that's why.

Reactions: Uvaia

mdoeslaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 9, 2023
    finding post ac stress very difficult to cope, especially because the ac was for a dream firm that has very quick turn around time for successful candidates. already feeling extremely disheartened to confront the high probability of a rejection...i genuinely think the firm is the most suitable given my past experiences, aspirations and background, and i thought i did my best compared to other ac/telephone interviews/video interview i had, so if i can't even get it i don't really know where else would give me a chance 😢😢 and thanks for tolerating the doom and gloom energy community peeps 😢
    ngl i struggle w this a lot so ik its disheartening and it can feel difficult to cope but id urge you to redirect your attention, ik its easier said than done but theres honestly nothing more that can be down now, you did your best and hopefully that pays off. be proud that you even got to the stage that you did because its incredibly competitive !! if you can do it and reach this stage now, u most certainly have the capabilities to do it again (:)

Not2late22

Standard Member
    Nov 7, 2022
    Yeah there are. I think yday must have been the last day of first stage ACs. The welcome video said it was the final stage but it was wrong
    Yeah I noticed this too, the website says there is another round but the video said this was the last one. I emailed to ask but haven’t heard back yet, will let you know what they reply.

Also I didn’t catch any timeline by which we hear back, do you know when it may be?

I found the first round tough but quite interesting, hope I didn’t screw it up!

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    Regardless of the outcome, you should be immensely proud of your hard work :) You’ve got this champ!! Take the day off

Lawdolphin

Premium Member
    Dec 17, 2021
    Hi all, does anyone have experience with the CRS video interview? I've only done one VI before which I completely bombed so any tips/advice would be hugely appreciated! Thanks so much and good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.