TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
I also received my rejection post AC! Well done on all your hard work regardless, and hopefully the feedback they give is good. I really like the firm and it hurts to be rejected at this stage!
Yeah it’s just annoying cause now I’m behind on all my uni work and I have nothing to show for it. And the fact they couldn’t even bothered to give the feedback on the email is just really frustrating.

I love the firm but they have THE WORST graduate recruitment I’ve ever seen because it’s rude atp to leave people waiting for so long and then finally reject them and then leave us to have to chase them down again for feedback.

But I am happy I made it this far cause it means I can do it again and hopefully be successful this winter.

Turnthisstupidfatratyellow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2021
Anyone whose done the online assessment for Womblebond Dickinson , I’m confused because it says this In The email states that “ The questions won't require any prior knowledge or expertise, all we ask is that you answer them as honestly as possible”. Does that means it’s mainly competency/strengths. @Jessica Booker any help would be much appreciated.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone whose done the online assessment for Womblebond Dickinson , I’m confused because it says this In The email states that “ The questions won't require any prior knowledge or expertise, all we ask is that you answer them as honestly as possible”. Does that means it’s mainly competency/strengths. @Jessica Booker any help would be much appreciated.
Sounds like either a situation judgement test or some form of personality testing.

JML6000

Standard Member
Mar 20, 2023
It is up to the individual firm regarding which questions to ask in the video section following this online assessment system. When I did it for Hill Dickinson, they asked questions about why I liked the firm, a personal competency question - but also a question on how tech is impacting the legal sector. We have seen video interviews get more challenging in recent years, so just be prepared for a variety of questions - as you would be for an interview

Reactions: newtothis

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Hi everyone, looking for some advice. I'm currently in a very fortunate position where I have just received 2 vacation schemes offers on the same day but they unfortunately overlap slightly. The first offer is with my dream firm and I immediately accepted it, the second offer came a few hours later from a different firm that I am also really interested in. The second VS overlaps with the first one by 2 days - the initial 2 days of the second VS which overlap with the 1st VS are meant to be online induction days. I would love to be able to attend both - does anybody have any experience with a similar situation? Is it okay to ask a firm if you could delay their VS because you have already accepted another VS (both of these are Spring VS and both firms are also holding Summer schemes)? @Jessica Booker do you have any advice regarding this?
    Hey, I have a similar question. Say that two VS overlap slightly (like few days), what are the odds the law firm of e.g the first VS will allow me to miss those last few days?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey, I have a similar question. Say that two VS overlap slightly (like few days), what are the odds the law firm of e.g the first VS will allow me to miss those last few days?
    It’s impossible to say what the odds are. But you can ask the firm and see if there is any flexibility. The firm may just have a straight policy of declining such requests, and then you have to work out which firm to turn down. But some firms show some flexibility with it and may allow you to miss a couple of days. Other firms might allow you to switch to different vacation scheme dates instead.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Do people normally wait for background checks to complete before posting their tc on LinkedIn?
    I don’t think so.

The only people who don’t pass background checks are those who put false information on applications, so for the vast majority of people, they will be confident they will get through a background check anyway.

Reactions: Maddie M

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Getting my feedback call from Freshfields tomorrow. Would it be worth begging them for a spare VS?
    No

They made a decision and they are going to stick to it.

Go into the call with the intention of making the most of the call - e.g. getting the details of the feedback and where you need to improve on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.