TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

kab

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 15, 2020
Hi everyone, TCLA really helped me when I was applying so I’d like to pay forward the kindness I received here. I have completed ACs with HSF, Latham and Weil. I did one vacation scheme at Weil where I secured a training contract. So, please feel free to DM me for any tips or advice about these firms or just generally. :)

For context, I was an international student at a non-Russell group uni. I previously studied journalism before moving to the UK to study law. I worked in retail and compliance before getting my TC at 26.

Last edited:

lonelycruise

Esteemed Member
Oct 2, 2023
Hi everyone, TCLA really helped me when I was applying so I’d like to pay forward the kindness I received here. I have completed ACs with HSF, Latham and Weil. I did one vacation scheme at Weil where I secured a training contract. So, please feel free to DM me for any tips or advice about these firms or just generally. :)

For context, I was an international student at a non-Russell group uni. I previously studied journalism before moving to the UK. I worked in retail and compliance before getting my TC at 26.
Congrats on the TC! Do you need to go to Latham's open day to do well in the application process? :)

Reactions: kab

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi friends, just want to ask a question related to networking. Last week I connected with an associate from Covington through a non-UK alumni network and had such a good chat as we had a lot in common (international student, wanting to do arbitration, went to the same school). She asked at the end of the chat if I want her to tell HR that we have spoken. Is this an indication of referral? I am not particularly eloquent with all the networking euphemisms o_O If it is, would it really make much of a difference?
Congratss, this is such a cool thing and I would count it as a referral for sure. I honestly do not know how influential it will be but it will definitely not hurt you in the slightest so make sure to apply to the firm and I am sure you will have a fair shot at securing the Vacation Scheme offer! Good luck! @Izzy1026

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.