TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

gch1997

Standard Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
Hi! To the extent you are able to share, are the questions all strengths-based as stated on the website? I did the VI last year and I was asked firm-specific questions too. I also had 1 minute to answer the question instead of 45 seconds!
hey, so it seems that people are getting different questions! mix of competency/strength based ones and more firm specific

AS89

Standard Member
Nov 3, 2023
No.
It is the next stage after screening applications.
When did you submit your application and when did you receive the WG test ? If you don't mind me asking.

Hey! Thanks so much! I submitted on Oct 29 - for some reason I thought they only screened apps after you completed the WG; it just seems way too quick to give a reply.

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Does anyone have any advice on answering this question: If you were in government what one thing would you change to make it easier for UK businesses to succeed and why?

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
A&O Winter Vac Scheme!!! Can't believe it. Considering I got rejected to attend open days at some firms this is hugely reassuring and validating. This forum has been really helpful practically and pastorally - to all those going through it, keep going! I have been disheartened so many times and felt like I was facing an insurmountable wall but it was worth it to keep plugging.

Has White & Case gone MIA? I've seen so many VI invites but no single AC - correct?
They are notorious for taking years to respond and for not even giving feedback even if you do the AC (I speak from personal experience just this summer :rolleyes:)

*No hate towards the firm because I get firms are busy, but I know people who were left waiting till a week before both the winter and summer schemes to hear back post VI even though by that point the answer was obvious so it was kinda rude on W&C's part to not put them out of their misery. Similarly, I contacted the firm 5 times after my final assessment centre and interview to get my feedback and they never responded to my emails or phone calls, despite them being the ones proclaiming they would give feedback. I had hoped they would have fixed up this year but I guess not which is really sad and unfortunate.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: law2022x and bibss

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone have experience with their application for a WVS being deferred to the spring/summer?
Some firms will be very chill about it and move you to wherever you want, whereas some others will be quite strict. I would suggest to contact graduate recruitment and see what they say.

Reactions: pfotherecord

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.