TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

taliagibson

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 1, 2023
    Congratulations!

The second stage is the final one and I did it online too! It consists of two interviews. The first one is based on your CV, your experiences and your motivations. The second interview is an article based interview and it is pretty straightforward. You then have a discussion with two partners about the article. I really enjoyed this process, it was really fun and engaging. I would not worry too much!

I prepared by discussing unseen article with friends two weeks before the interview and it worked out for me!
    Good luck with the process!!
    Thanks Axel,
    regarding the CV questions- are they the same as those asked by grad rec in the first interview e.g. why commercial law, why Gibson Dunn or more in-depth/specific? Also do they ask any competency or situational questions? and with regard to the article interview, do they ask you to summarise it and/or ask you questions about its contents?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi All, I hope you are well. Is it just me or has anyone else not received the weekly newsletter for a few weeks?

@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre
    These have been paused for the moment while the TCLA review the newsletter. We are expecting it to be back in a new form next week!

Reactions: Dwight and Ali A

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.