TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Congrats! when did you hear back from them?
    Has anyone else heard back from TS?
    They called me like 20 minutes ago.

Hoping you hear back soon!

But if not, don’t worry - it could literally be a case of trying to interview as many as possible, hence the quick turnaround. They may actively be reaching out to people to fill slots up as and when they arise.

Ellewoodz

Aug 27, 2023
    Does anyone know if non-law graduates can apply to Addleshaw Goddard's vacation scheme? In the info section it states: "The placement scheme is open to all second year law students and above or final year non-law students" - does this mean that graduates are excluded?

Reactions: axelbeugre

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    There is no way they gave you a day! Surely not!

That’s genuine outrageous if they did

ETA: the shortest time I’ve been given is 5 days and the longest is 3 weeks. 1 day is absolutely outrageous lol
    I know, I feel like I should have pushed back and asked for next week but I didn’t want to seem difficult…. I can’t even prepare now, im on a late shift at work starting from 4pm - 12am.

kmo20

Legendary Member
    Jan 20, 2023
    Does anyone know how my application will be completed for linklaters if it is saying I need to complete the WG but I have already completed it last month for the open day?

I emailed grad rec as maybe they have changed the requirement this year and we can take the test again, but I am yet to hear back.

Flutterbyx303

Star Member
    Sep 11, 2023
    White & Case VI and Dechert VI back to back…

Not going to lie, definitely surprised considering I have BCC at A-Level but guess there’s a little hope.

P.S - DLA did not respond, so I contacted cappfinity instead - they managed to reset it from the back-end. Account got locked due to a password error. Peak.
    Hello! Have you found your a levels to affect your success rate? Talking purely for the firms that have a level requirements. I got ABC at a level and no mitigating circumstances and I have deliberately not applied to firms that have a criteria but maybe I should apply anyway?

Edit: sorry I know you posted this a while ago

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.