TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    I do not think it is too late to apply! Last year, majority of the people I knew who had offers applied in late December/January. Gibson Dunn is one of those firms that will wait for the candidates they actually like, so I will try my best to apply by end of December.

Thank you, i took on your advice and submitted it just now :D Reminded me of the quote 'regret is worse than rejection'

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is there any difference in how law firms view somebody who has completed the SQE with a prep course and somebody who has completed the SWE without a prep course?
    No - they won’t really care. The main thing will be passing the SQE first time, and ideally doing so reasonably well (a higher score will never be a bad thing).

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Help! I accidentally input the wrong grade for the a-level education section of an application form that I literally just submitted. The grade I actually achieved is better than what I accidentally put in. In literally same section I put in the wrong year that I completed the subject (they should all be 2019 but for some reason I accidentally put in 2017 for one subject...). Should I alert grad rec of these mistakes? Or will it just reflect worse on me for not having attention to detail?
    I would only do so if you are invited to the next stage. The mistakes are likely to be looked at unfavourably, and so I would only raise the firm asks you to complete the next stage.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.