TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    It really depends on what you feel you were not able to discuss in the other answers and throughout the application questions. I remember that when I applied to the firm I talked about all the scholarship that I got from high school until university, volunteering experiences, and anything I was not able to discuss in my applications like being selected for a EU project around citizenship and equality in Italy.

I feel like anything that make you an interesting candidate should be mentioned but mainly, scholarships and awards and volunteering experiences are something you can always mention.

I hope that helps and good luck with the application!
    Thanks! And one more additional question: because on the Hogan Lovells's application form, there isn't any space to include the extra-activities, so should I include it in this area or I should include my volunteer experience in the work experience part?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Legally_Brunette1999

Oct 12, 2023
    Update: still got no news from PwC but I did get an invite for the Irwin Mitchell VI last Monday, only to completely forget that I should have had it in by yesterday *insert facepalm* I just frantically did it now, but I'm definitely not holding my breath that I've managed to get to the next stage. This is just karmic payback for impulse applications, isn't it?

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Thanks! And one more additional question: because on the Hogan Lovells's application form, there isn't any space to include the extra-activities, so should I include it in this area or I should include my volunteer experience in the work experience part?
    You can talk about one extra-curricular activity and one volunteer experience and balance your answer. Alternatively, if you do not have enough work experience in your opinion, I probably would include the volunteering experience in the work experience section, I think it is up to you and what you feel you want graduate recruitment to know about you!

Reactions: Cynthia14

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.