Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I totally appreciate that, and it does makes sense. Though, at the vacation scheme stage they haven't invested a huge amount, even with an offer on the table. I'd understand it if they've already transferred a maintenance loan and you're trialling other firms mid-contract, but at so early a stage I can only see the benefits in allowing candidates to participate in additional schemes. I'm sure there's something I'm missing!
This should only relate to training contract offers. I have never heard of a firm stopping you from doing multiple vacation schemes if you are only at the vacation scheme stage.

OliviaPope

Distinguished Member
Dec 7, 2023
Anybody been sent a PFO from Freshfields? Thought I would receive it today considering I did the WG a week ago and most AC invites have gone out already. I remember seeing someone in this thread say they did the WG and were sent the AC invite that very same afternoon post-wg!
I’m in the same position! Really thought we’d hear back this morning

• 🤝
Reactions: Chelsea1

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I was just wondering if in your experience VS/TC offers are made conditional on achieving certain grades (e.g. 2:1 minimum) like unis do?
Yes - particularly for TC offers, they will need to see you have obtained the grade they state is their minimum requirement.

VS is a little more difficult as you don’t usually get your results until the scheme has started/concluded, so they will usually work on the basis of the grades you have provided in your application (eg first year grades if you are currently in your second year). But you’ll usually have to provide some form of formal transcript to prove your grades to date for a vacation scheme.

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
If I passed the app stage 6 months ago, would I need to rewrite my application answer for the question "Tell us about something – anything- that excites you and inspires you"?
Would it be smarter to rephrase things at least or add a few examples? or would it be advised that I write it on something new? I am not sure about this one cause it sounds a bit superficial that my source of inspiration is supposed to change within 6 months.

Reactions: axelbeugre

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    My inbox today:

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Anyone else lol?

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
    Anybody been sent a PFO from Freshfields? Thought I would receive it today considering I did the WG a week ago and most AC invites have gone out already. I remember seeing someone in this thread say they did the WG and were sent the AC invite that very same afternoon post-wg!
    Nope, still waiting for an update, I'm starting to think I'll never hear back from them lol

• 🤝
    Reactions: OliviaPope and Chelsea1

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.